Cooper University Health Care Addiction Medicine Fellows participate in monthly addiction medicine research meetings to review the current status of ongoing projects as well as discuss possible new endeavors. Outside of the required individual quality improvement (QI) project, fellows have the opportunity to participate in a multitude of research projects currently in progress at Cooper University Health Care and Cooper Medical School of Rowan University (CMSRU). Fellows also have the opportunity to develop their own research projects if desired. Matthew Salzman, MD serves as Research Director at the Cooper Center for Healing and oversees fellow participation in any research project along with support from other Center for Healing clinical faculty.
Our fellows and Cooper University Health Care Center for Healing clinical faculty and interdisciplinary clinical and research team members collaborate on innovative studies and other work published in leading academic medical journals. Select examples of collaborations and published work from the Center for Healing include the following:
- Huo S, Heil J, Salzman M. S., Carroll G, & Haroz R. Methadone Initiation in the Emergency Department for Opioid Use Disorder: A Case Series. Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2023.
- Ehrman-Dupre R, Kaigh C, Salzman M, Haroz R, Peterson L. K., & Schmidt R. Management of Xylazine Withdrawal in a Hospitalized Patient: A Case Report. Journal of Addiction Medicine. 2022.
- Carroll G, Solomon K. T., Heil J, Saloner B, Stuart E. A., Patel E. Y., ... & Haroz R. Impact of Administering Buprenorphine to Overdose Survivors Using Emergency Medical Services. Annals of Emergency Medicine. 2022.
- Ganetsky V. S., Salzman M, Carroll G, Heil J, Sutton J, Visioli V. M., ... & Haroz R. Hospital-Initiated Extended-Release Injectable Buprenorphine Using a Novel Reallocation Initiative From an Outpatient Addiction Medicine Clinic. Journal of Addiction Medicine, 10-1097. 2022.
- Kusic D, Heil J, Zajic S, Brangan A, Dairo O, Smith G, ... & Scheinfeldt L. B. Patient Perceptions and Potential Utility of Pharmacogenetic Testing in Chronic Pain Management and Opioid Use Disorder in the Camden Opioid Research Initiative. Pharmaceutics, 14(9), 1863. 2022.
- Heil J, Ganetsky V. S., Salzman M, Hunter K, Baston K. E., Carroll G, Ketcham E, Haroz R. Attitudes on Methadone Utilization in the Emergency Department: A Physician Cross-sectional Study. The Western Journal of Emergency Medicine: Integrating Emergency Care with Population Health. 2022.
- Fix C, Re C, Roberts B, Salzman M, Baston K, Baxter J, ... & Haroz R. Injection Drug Use and Healthcare Utilization in Patients Newly Diagnosed With HIV. Journal of Addiction Medicine. 2021.