The Family Medicine Residency Program at Cooper University Hospital participates in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS), and all information is processed through this system without exception. Information regarding the ERAS application process and timeline is available on the websites listed below.
Minimum requirements for Cooper's Family Medicine Residency Program include:
- Graduation from an accredited medical school within the last 5 years
- Successful completion of U.S. based clinical experiences within the last 3 years
Individuals accepted for a position in the program must be a U.S. citizen, classified as a resident alien, or hold a J-1 visa.
Association of American Medical Colleges
AAMC ID: 1203300001
ERAS applications must contain the following information in order for your application to be considered:
- Common application form
- Curriculum vitae
- Medical school transcript
- Three to Four original letters of recommendation
- Dean’s letter (MSPE)
- Personal statement describing your training goals and future career plans
- USMLE or COMLEX reports
- ECFMG certification (if applicable)
The program director and additional faculty members will review applicant files. Invitation for interview will be based upon their recommendations.